Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 8: Travel to Yosemite

Well on Day 7 A. Honey rented a paddleboat at the beach on Lake Tahoe and as you will see in the pics I was having a bit of trouble. Those who know me well know that water sports tend to make me a bit motion sick and/or disoriented. Because of this, I accidently left my driver's license at the marina rental place at Camp Richardson. So we had to start Day 8 by going back to the rental place, an ~30 minute detour. But thankfully I was able to get my license and we were on our way to Yosemite. The drive from Lake Tahoe was cool. We had to drive pretty high up and we saw amazing views once out of Lake Tahoe area we continued to drive by all sorts of picturesque mountain lakes. It was pretty neat but pretty desolate. Finally, we reached a town outside the Yosemite gate and was able to get some gas and lunch.

I knew I wanted to go to Yosemite on this trip because a couple of years ago, I went with Matt and it was awesome. But I also knew it was a long, windy and nauseting drive to the Yosemite valley floor. Because I can have a tendency to get car sick, I drove from the entrance to Yosemite to the valley floor (~65 miles). The pics say everything. We got as high as 10,000 feet, Joe and Pete posed on the snow, we saw a bear, and of course awesome views of some of Yosemite most famous sites including Half-Dome, El Capitan and the waterfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment