Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 8: No stars but one scary raccoon

I was sitting in our room wondering if I could see any stars and so I go out on the deck. I do not see any stars but here something rumbling in the leaves down below. For some reason I think it is going to be something cool like a bear. It is a perfect evening and so I linger a little longer on the balcony and invite Jen and Bop to come here the sounds of Yosemite wildlife. Jen is in the bathroom but Bop comes out and of course the sounds stop. Bop remembers that I brought my flashlight and suggests I get it, which I do. As suspected, nothing was down in the leaves and then for some reason I quickly flash the light on the deck next door and a big raccoon is sitting on the deck rail staring right at me. Bop and I both scream, run into the room, lock the sliding glass door, Jen comes running, and the racoon strolls along our deck rail. I think I might have screamed again. You have to take wildlife precautions seriously here in Yosemite.

No comments:

Post a Comment