Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 10: Arriving to San Francisco

About 30 minutes outside the city I am truly shocked to still see windmill farms and little to no signs of the great metropolis. It was like Park City all over again. All I can say is good for us. There was no traffic and we get to hotel with no problem. Then we unload the car again (but sadly for the last time) only to find out that our hotel room is in another building. I thought JMJ and then I ask the bellhop can I borrow their cart to move to the other building when he remarked the cart stays with him and he will move the bags to the other building. You have to remember we have a lot of bags so this was no small task in hilly SF.

We freshen up a bit and then hit the town. First we go Pier 39 on Fisherman's Wharf and check out the sea lions, the amusement rides and other touristy things. We had a couple of missions in SF. 1) A. Honey was going to eat cioppino 3 meals a day and 2)BOP wanted to continue in her family tradition to have an Irish Coffee in a bar near the hub for the cable cars. We do not have the name of bar but I was willing to try a few different places for the sake of a family tradition. But then as we head up to Ghiradelli square, I see the wooden turnaround wheel for the cable cars and then a Irish bar called Tiernan. I thought BINGO. For some reason BOP was immediatley skeptical. She goes in and turns out BOP is right. The famous Irish Coffee is found in a bar across the street call La Beuna Vista. Now that we have that figured out we can all focus on my cioppino. We find a wonderful place for dinner that has something for everyone. My cioppino came in a sourdough bread bowl which I was not a fan of but they were very happy to bring me a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment